Exercise 3: comparison of adjectives
(Using comparative and superlative adjectives; -er/-est; more/most; old, elder, farther, further etc.)
Comparison of adjectives with particular forms – multiple-choice test
Difficulty: difficult (5 of 5)
Choose the correct answer for each sentence by using adjectives with particular forms.
- Example: “This computer is the _______ one.”
- A. more good
- B. better → Correct!
- C. more better
- I’ve got three sisters. The __________ is 29.
- Your car is much more reliable than mine. – Oh yes, it’s because yours is __________ than the one I have.
- Tim is really nice. He is __________ than Jason, don’t you think?
- more polite
- politer / more polite
- Let me know if you need __________ information.
- Let’s not go to that restaurant. It’s __________ away than the one close to my house.
Further explanations related to the ‘Comparison of special adjectives’
The following exercises and articles relate to the topic ‘Comparison of English adjectives with particular forms’ and test your knowledge as well: