Exercise 2: prepositions after specific verbs
(Practise using prepositions connected to verbs)
English prepositions after verbs – cloze test (difficulty: 3 of 5 – medium)
Choose the appropriate preposition for the corresponding verb highlighted in each sentence. All possible prepositions are listed above the exercise text. If you still need help with the topic, have a look at the list of English verbs with prepositions again.
- Example: “Over twenty people have applied ____ the job so far.” → “Over twenty people have applied for the job so far.”
You can check your results with the button below after you have finished. You may also use the hint button, but note that you will lose points for that.
Exercises and explanations related to ‘English prepositions after verbs’
The following exercises and explanations are related to the topic ‘Prepositions connected to certain verbs’ in English grammar. They also help you learn:
- Prepositions in English grammar (general considerations)
- Prepositions of time in English grammar
- Exercise 2: prepositions of time
- List of exercises about parts of speech