Exercise 2: conjunctions
(Practise your skills in using English conjunctions)
Conjunctions – multiple-choice test
Difficulty: rather easy (2 of 5)
- Example: “We had left late, ______ we got there on time.”
- A. after
- B. but → Correct!
- C. since
After finishing the exercise, you can see your result in percent.
- Matt, please close all windows ________ you leave.
- We left early ________ the show was so boring.
- Steve’s sister is a little bit taller ________ he is.
- I’m sure, Larry can help you with this. – Ok, I’ll ask him ________ I see him.
- You should start planning your summer holiday now, ________ the hotels will be booked out.
- We saw you yesterday ________ we were sitting in the park.
Further exercises and explanations referring to ‘English conjunctions’
The following exercises and articles refer to the topic ‘Conjunctions in English grammar’ and also train your skills: