Exercise 2: past participle
(Practise forming the English past participle)
Past participle – multiple-choice test
Difficulty: medium (3 of 5)
Choose the correct form of the past participle, the third verb form, in the following exercise sentences.
- Example: “Who has ________ all the cake?”
- A. ate
- B. eaten → Correct!
- C. eated
If you still need help with the topic, read the explanation about using and forming the past participle and the particular forms of irregular verbs again.
- Have you ________ the Spiderman film yet?
- Ouch, I’ve ________ my finger.
- My grandfather has ________ the kids many things.
- William, have you ________ the cats out?
- Jerry, can you get the car key? I’ve ________ it in the house.
- The town has ________ a new street to reduce traffic.
- The postman hasn’t ________ yet.
- The secretary has ________ over twenty emails today.
- Jennifer has already ________ the bill for her new smartphone.
- Have you ever ________ a marathon?
Exercises and explanations relating to ‘Past participle’
The following exercises and articles are related to the topic ‘Past participle (third verb form) in English grammar’ and also help you learn: