Exercise 1: possessive pronouns
(Using the correct possessive pronoun: ‘my, your, his, her, its, our, their’)
Possessive pronouns – multiple-choice test
Difficulty: rather easy (2 of 5)
For each sentence, choose the suitable possessive pronouns as the answer.
- Example: “Are these sunglasses ______?”
- A. your
- B. her
- C. yours → Correct!
- D. their
You will see how many per cent you have achieved at the end of the exercise. If you still need help with the topic, take another look at the article about possessive pronouns.
- Mike has lost ______ car key.
- I gave her ______ phone number, and she gave me ______.
- my, hers
- my, her
- mine, hers
- mine, her
- Jane, can I use ______ mobile phone? ______ is broken.
- your, Mine
- yours, My
- your, My
- hers, Mine
- This is not my book. It’s ______.
- ______ room is big, but ______ is bigger.
- Our, yours
- Our, your’s
- My, your
- Mine, yours
Further exercises and explanations referring to ‘Possessive pronouns’
The following exercises and articles refer to the topic ‘Possessive pronouns in English grammar’ and train your skills as well: