Exercise 2: question words in English
(Practise the question words ‘who, how much, how many, why, whose’)
English question words – cloze test (difficulty: 3 of 5 – medium)
Fill the gaps with the correct question words (who, how much, how many, why, whose). Mind the upper case spelling at the beginning of a sentence.
- Example: “How much money have you got?” – “I’ve got about 20 dollars.”
You can check your results with the button below after you finish. If you still need help with the topic, reread the use of question words. You may also use the hint button, but be aware that you will lose points for that.
Further exercises and explanations related to ‘English question words’
The following exercises and explanations are related to the English grammar topic ‘Question words (who, why, how many …)’. They also train your skills:
- Relative pronouns in English (who, which, that, whose, whom)
- Relative adverbs in English (when, where, why)
- Interrogative sentences in English syntax
- Question tags
- Exercise 2: question tags