Exercise 2: question tags
(Practise your skills in using question tags)
Tag questions – dropdown quiz (difficulty: 2 of 5 – rather easy)
For each gap, choose the most suitable question tag in the simple present. In any case, the question tail includes a form of the auxiliary verbs ‘to be, can,’ or ‘to do’.
- Example: “The hamburger tastes good, _____?” → “The hamburger tastes good, doesn’t it?”
You can check your results with the button below after you have finished. If you still need help with the topic, have a look at the use of question tags again.
Further exercises and explanations related to the ‘Use of question tags’
The following exercises and explanations relate to the topic ‘Question tags (can I, doesn’t she, …) in English language’:
- Conjugation of the verb ‘to be’ in the present simple
- Short forms of ‘to be’ in the simple present
- Auxiliary verbs in English grammar
- Word order in English interrogative sentences
- List of exercises about tricky topics